Saturday 31 October 2020

Protect your Teeth From the Yellow

We have all seen it happen and it is a slow process in our lives. I am talking about the slow yellowing of our teeth.  This year more than most people are focusing on their dental health.  That is because of the COVID-19 Pandemic and all of the changes it has had on our lives.  The fact is that it has fundamentally changed how we work, shop, and see each other. That is one of the reasons that people are now focusing on their teeth and how to keep them safe. My own journey has led me to try new things and creating new routines. That is why I want to go over a few things that I have done in my life to attempt to keep my teethbrighter and my smile a little more friendly.

 


What really got me into thinking about my teeth so much was the change in my work life. It is now a natural part of my day to simply go from zoom call to zoom call. That is why I have been worried about my looks and the fact that people are talking about my smile.  It is because I have yellow teeth and it shows online. Now instead of going to a meeting in person, I am being highlighted and my face it taking up an entire screen.  This has simply highlighted my poor dental health and my teeth are now a focal point that I am not happy with. So the first thing I went to work on was my own routine.

 


With the change in my work routine, I found that I had more time in my day.  That is because I am not traveling to my job anymore.  Instead, now I am working from home and have more time in the morning and at lunch.  What this allowed me to do more with my dental hygiene routine each day.  Normally I will be honest I only brush my teeth once a day.  That is normally in the morning, but I knew that I needed to do more.  This year has been a lightning rod that hit me in the teeth letting me know I need more and that is what I am working on doing.  So now I have changed from one brushing to three.

I have been able to add in the extra two brushings on my lunch break and right after dinner.  I thought it would be really hard to do at first, but I decided to make a true habit out of my brushing.  This meant that I would need thirty days of the same thing to make my body used to doing it.

 


I decided to add in alarms to help my situation.  Luckily it is 2020  and I have a smartphone.  I simply, put on an alarm for lunch and after dinner each day.  I decided to be intentional about brushing and I have followed through really well.  My teeth are now protected and getting whiter due to the whitening toothpaste.  It has taken a few months, but I have noticed a great increase in the brightness of my teeth. That has been a huge win to my work life and personal emotional health as well.  I am sure my dentist is happy about my tooth health too.  Hope this tip helps you in your work zoom calls too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't let Holiday Drinks Hurt your Teeth

The air is starting to get cooler and the sun is going down sooner in most of the United States.  This means that Fall has come and the holi...